Call for papers
2nd International Workshop on Finance and Economics on the Semantic Web (FEOSW 2013) in conjunction with The Second International Conference on Data Analytics (DATA ANALYTICS 2013)
The economic meltdown has still fostered the interest on leveraging the power of semantics and metadata to publish,manage and query financial and economic data. Prominent research has been boosted recently about financial and economic data management and they are critical both from an academic and industry impact perspective.
This second edition of our workshop addresses accurately such changes on information demand by taking place at the right spot in time when the financial world is envisaging a 'double dip' or a second recession, which will again increase the levels of Financial and Economic Data Management on the Web and Semantic Technologies. It aims at bringing together researchers from several disciplines such as economics, finance, financial data management, politics and their relationship with Computer Science with a common interest in new investigations related to the field of finance, economics and their appliance to the Web and Semantics.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Data Management
- Financial Linked Data
- Trust and Security of Financial Data Management
- Semantic Technologies related to Financial Data Management
- Financial Accounting Systems on the Web: Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Reports
- Control mechanisms for Financial Information based on Intelligent Data Management
- Web Science and Economic Data
- Financial and Economics Semantic Web Languages
- Algorithms for Financial and Economic Data Extraction on the Web
- Paper Submission deadline:
June 15, June 28 2013
- Notification of paper acceptance: July, 17 2013
- Registration: July 25, 2013
- Camera-ready of accepted papers: August, 1st, 2013
- Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions to one of the IARIA Journals
- Publisher: XPS (Xpert Publishing Services)
- Archived: ThinkMindTM Digital Library (free access)
- Prints available at Curran Associates, Inc.
- Articles will be submitted to appropriate indexes
- Helpful information for paper formatting can be found on the here.
- LaTex templates can be found here.
More information on camera ready preparations will be posted after the paper accept/reject notifications are sent out.
Submission will be through the Easychair system: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=feosw2013
- Juan Miguel Gómez Berbís, PhD (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain) (Chair)
- Angel García Crespo, PhD (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain) (Chair)
- Sean O'Riain, PhD (Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), Ireland) (Chair)
- Mateusz Radzimski, (MSc, ATOS Research & Innovation, Spain) (Chair)
- José Luis Sánchez Cervantes, (MSc, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain) (Chair)